Electrical Production Engineer
Job Title: Electrical Production Engineer
Department: UK Operations
Reports To: Operations Manager
Covvi are made up of a highly innovative and dynamic engineering team who have set out to design and build a world-leading, highly functional bionic hand. We plan to change the global market and therefore need a world-class team to make this happen. We believe we have created a ground-breaking medical product that offering a new level of quality and performance that utilises premium materials and cutting-edge technology and has the propensity to change the lives of many forever.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Covvi’s products are composed of highly integrated electro-mechanical systems which require careful and methodical assembly. This role involves the assembly and manufacturing of all types of electro-mechanical products as required, in addition to close involvement with the R&D department. The Covvi concept demands a speedy response to enable the rapid delivery and repair of custom medical devices to a worldwide customer base – this is a small market and every customer is important.
- Produce electrical products in line with the production schedule, adhering to the build manual and QA requirements.
- Provide electrical support to the design team, building test rigs and prototypes.
- Maintain health and safety across the build environment and ensure good housekeeping.
- Work with and report issues, improvement, and ideas to the production engineering team as well as R&D in order to deliver products in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Direct reports: No direct reporting.
- Internal: Production, engineering, purchasing, and quality control.
- External: Occasionally customers & suppliers for trouble shooting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- HNC or HND in an electrical engineering subject, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Good technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of electrical schematics, PCBs, electrical components, engineering drawings, and build instructions.
- Excellent skills in the electrical assembly of products including soldering, and manual pick-and- place machines.
- Good skills using hand tools, drills, and manual equipment.
- Fast learner, capable of understanding a range of products within the prosthetics market.
- Excellent people skills.
- Committed to delivering objectives in line with the Covvi vision.
- Positive engagement including strong two-way communication with patients, customers, colleagues, and suppliers.
- Problem-solving and a solutions-oriented mindset.
- A desire to develop professionally and contribute to business development.
- Happy to help others and be proud to be part of, and help strengthen, the Covvi team
- Have integrity, honesty and loyalty.
- Passionate about quality and precision.
Covvi Limited operates a direct sourcing model for our recruitment needs and therefore do not accept uninvited approaches from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received by Covvi Limited will be treated as the property of Covvi Limited and any terms and conditions associated with the use of such CVs are considered null and void. We retain the right to pursue and hire that candidate without any obligation to third party terms and conditions, regardless of their inclusion in any email or supporting documents (including CVs)