Part Qualified Accountant
Job Title: Part Qualified Accountant
Department: UK Accounts
Reports To: Group Financial Controller
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Part Qualified Accountant to join our team providing a centralised finance function for what is a growing portfolio of investor companies. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking for real career progression. We want to attract a passionate candidate looking to join the business during an exciting period of continued growth and change.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The companies are diverse and cover a range of business sectors, making the role interesting and varied in its content. The role is positioned to cover a broad range of finance responsibilities within a fast-paced and acquisitive business environment. You’ll be working in an open, friendly and collaborative team.
The right individual must have a passion and interest for business improvement initiatives and not be averse to an environment of change. Working within an agile business environment the role is suited to a forward-thinking individual with a keen eye for detail.
- Importing sales ledger transactions from billing platforms and ensuring the integrity of data.
- Posting of cash/bank transactions.
- Oversee maintenance of AP/AR Ledgers.
- Checking purchase invoice coding.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Supplier payment runs.
- VAT Returns.
- Preparation of year end information.
- Ad-hoc tasks as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Part qualified or qualified by experience in a similar/senior finance.
- SME experience.
- Good software knowledge, advanced excel, ideally Sage 200.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- High standards, attention being in the detail, excellent numeracy skills.
- Able to demonstrate and evidence initiative.
COVVI Limited operates a direct sourcing model for our recruitment needs and therefore do not accept uninvited approaches from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received by COVVI Limited will be treated as the property of COVVI Limited and any terms and conditions associated with the use of such CVs are considered null and void. We retain the right to pursue and hire that candidate without any obligation to third party terms and conditions, regardless of their inclusion in any email or supporting documents (including CVs).