PR & Press Executive
Job Title: PR & Press Executive
Department: UK Marketing
Reports To: Head of Marketing
Due to the continued growth within our businesses, we have an opportunity for a hardworking and enthusiastic PR & Press Executive to join our team. Based in either Leeds or Saltaire and reporting to the Head of Marketing, we are looking for someone who is highly creative and experienced in PR and press management, building relationships and strategically driving engagement to our brands. Someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into creative campaigns, whilst being able to contribute their own ideas. This is a one-off position for what we believe is a global leading product, if you have what it takes and what to be part of an exhilarating growth opportunity then we want to hear from you.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The candidate will be working on a portfolio of brands based within West Yorkshire – An Ofsted Outstanding children’s nursery, Yorkshire’s leading Business Telecoms provider and a biomedical company that is currently in the process of launching a new prosthetic hand device that aims to become a global leader in the coming years. We will also be looking to start a multi-million pound redevelopment of a 5-star Leeds hotel in 2022.
- Work with the rest of the team to write creative and engaging copy for press releases, marketing materials, websites, social media, mailshots and other related materials.
- Create strategic, interesting and creative PR proposals, through to implementation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media, journalists, influencers, bloggers and collaborate with them to create new editorial opportunities to increase brand awareness.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- Maintain a calendar of relevant awards for each business and manage entry process.
- Keep up to date with trends, insight and media to proactively spot and propose creative new opportunities to enhance our businesses reputation through communications.
- Work across a varied range of events, conferences and tradeshows – ensuring they run efficiently.
- Managing day-to-day PR admin.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- 5 years’ experience in a PR/Copywriting role.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- An enthusiastic and positive outlook, energy, passion.
- Strong organisational skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate confidently in meetings and face to face.
- Ability to research and present information in a clear, concise and interesting manner.
- An understanding of business in terms of how marketing, advertising and PR interlink.
- A relevant degree/qualification.
£25,000 – £28,000 per annum
COVVI Limited operates a direct sourcing model for our recruitment needs and therefore do not accept uninvited approaches from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received by COVVI Limited will be treated as the property of COVVI Limited and any terms and conditions associated with the use of such CVs are considered null and void. We retain the right to pursue and hire that candidate without any obligation to third party terms and conditions, regardless of their inclusion in any email or supporting documents (including CVs).