Job Title: Production Technician
Department: UK Operations
Reports To: Production Manager
COVVI Ltd produce premium robotic upper limb prosthetics and supporting accessories and is a leader in the field globally. The COVVI multi-articulated hand has already taken the upper limb prosthetic market by storm, utilising premium materials and cutting-edge technology, and we are looking to expand into a growing robotics market with exciting developments and new products on the horizon. COVVI aims to deliver the highest quality product, backed with the highest quality customer service, including rapid delivery and repair of medical devices to a worldwide customer base.
An opportunity has arisen to join our hard-working team as a Production Technician, to assemble products at our facility in Leeds to the highest standard.
This role is to assemble and manufacture all types of mechanical and electrical products as required and be closely linked with the R&D (Research & Development) department to ensure the necessary tools and knowledge is there to maintain the highest standard. Quality and teamwork begin the moment you step through the door and the right attitude is every bit as important as the skillset.
We are at an exciting point in the business with an exciting pipeline set for 2023 so the potential for the role, and you, to grow is massive.
- Assembling the COVVI Hand and accessories in line with the production schedule, following Work Instructions, technical drawings and to Quality requirements
- Accurate record keeping
- Investigating Returned products and recording faults discovered
- Maintain Health & Safety across build environment and ensure good housekeeping
- Work with and report issues/improvement/Ideas to R&D to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the assembly process
- Delivering ideas/solutions to improved testing
- Direct reports: No direct reporting.
- Internal: Production, engineering, purchasing, and quality
- External: Occasionally customers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Experience in building precision mechanical systems
- Experience of working within a fast-moving team
- Trouble shooting assembly issues
- Good technical communication skills
- HNC or HND in a mechanical engineering subject or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Some understanding of ISO13485 or ISO9001 (desirable)
- Use of screwdrivers, torque drivers, pliers, connector crimp tools, basic soldering
- Fast learner, capable of understanding the technical side of COVVI’s products
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to understand and follow technical documents
- Committed to delivering objectives in line with the COVVI vision
- Positive engagement including strong two-way communication with colleagues and customers where required
- Problem-solving and a solutions-oriented mindset
- A desire to develop professionally and contribute to business development
- Happy to help others and be proud to be part of, and help strengthen, the COVVI team
- Have integrity, honesty, and loyalty
COVVI Limited operates a direct sourcing model for our recruitment needs and therefore do not accept uninvited approaches from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received by COVVI Limited will be treated as the property of COVVI Limited and any terms and conditions associated with the use of such CVs are considered null and void. We retain the right to pursue and hire that candidate without any obligation to third party terms and conditions, regardless of their inclusion in any email or supporting documents (including CVs).