Get started with COVVI and Coapt
Our handy startup guide shows you how the Coapt Complete Control can be utilised for seamless pattern recognition with the COVVI Hand, with step-by-step instructions on how to configure the device and apps for optimal use. The main advantage of pairing the COVVI Hand with Coapt is that users have access to our 10+ trigger switches that can be used flawlessly alongside Coapt pattern recognition.Read the full Coapt guide
How to configure Coapt with the COVVI Hand
Option 1 – Open/Close Terminal Device Version
- Open the COVVI Go App, choose Default Configuration Setup in System Information and select ‘COAPT’ option.
- Go to the COAPT Control Companion™ mobile app and follow the instructions.
- Record and assign muscular patterns to terminal device Open and Close. Go back to the COVVI Go App.
- Use Switch Triggers to map requested grips and gestures to the COVVI Hand. Users can access these by providing the previously assigned terminal device Open and Close muscle patterns.
Option 2 – Multifunction Terminal Device Version
- Open the COVVI Go App, choose Default Configuration Setup in System Information and select ‘COAPT’ option
- Go to the COAPT Control Companion App and follow the instructions.
- In COAPT Control Companion, there will be the option of ten direct grips, plus Open, these can be assigned to distinct muscle patterns.
- Record and assign muscular patterns to the user’s preferred grips in COAPT Control Companion. Go back to the COVVI Go App. Use Switch Triggers to map requested grips and gestures to the COVVI Hand. Singular Switch Triggers, for example, Index Hold, Thumb Hold, Four Finger Hold, Dorsal Button Hold and Thumb Tap (Pronate/Supinate), are recommended for ease of use and coherent pairing of these technologies.
Is Coapt Complete Control easy to set up and use?
All it takes is the push of a button to begin using this advanced prosthetic control and experience the benefits. It quickly learns the user’s arm motions through a calibration that takes less than a minute to provide full functionality. This means that, unlike other myoelectric prosthetics, devices equipped with this technology do not need to be removed for adjustments or recalibration. The controller also connects via Bluetooth to the Coapt Control Companion™ mobile app to fine-tune calibrations even further and save the settings for later use.
Myoelectric arm technology built to include Coapt pattern recognition learns users’ unique and natural movements and is no longer held back by the limitations and shortcomings of single or dual-site myoelectric control. Bionic arm technology control becomes more natural, personalizable, and straightforward. Coapt’s Gen2 learns and adapts to the signals of the wearer, both acquired amputees and limb-different users alike.
Whether the user has an acquired amputation or is someone with a lifelong limb difference, Coapt’s Complete Control pattern recognition technology is a system that gets built into the myoelectric prosthesis and enables more natural, intuitive control of the arm. It uses modern machine learning techniques to learn personal muscle patterns and easily translates those into prosthesis movements in an intuitive and natural manner. It enables the user to enjoy all the prosthetic benefits with greater ease and convenience.
Gen2 System Controller
Coapt’s pattern recognition system decodes unique muscle signals in real-time, giving users complete control of their prostheses.
Gen2 Evaluation Unit
The Evaluation Kit revolutionises the way muscles’ bioelectrical activity signals are analysed, recorded, and used for prostheses control